Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Going to Napa

Things required for me to get on a plane and fly across the country. 
-Lots of ziplock bags.
-Packing my own towels and sheets.
-Cleaning supplies so that I can clean the bathroom myself when I get there.
-Nothing to drink beginning at least twelve hours before departure because I can not use a rest room.
-An increased amount of anti-anxiety drugs.
-snug but comfortable clothing with no metal on it so that I won't have to be patted down
-A flying companion to do two things: 1) be a barrier between me and any 'stranger' that might be sitting in our row on the airplane    2)keep me from drooling or snoring during the flight because the anti-anxiety drugs won't get through to my brain until AFTER I have jumped through all the hoops required at the airport and I have forced myself onto the aircraft and have survived take-off.
-Sisters and a mother who have been warned of what they are in for and promise not to be irritated.
-Last, but not least, a giant size package of Wet Wipes for just about everything.

** Note that I don't go to these extremes because I am a 'clean nut', but because failure to do any or all of the above could trigger seismic explosions in my brain screaming that I am going to DIE, and that isn't a fun feeling.

No comments: